Athlete Career and Education
The Athlete Career and Education program (ACE) is a nation-wide program that provides athletes with career, educational and personal development services, including transitional support when going through personal and sporting changes. The challenge confronting many athletes is how to maintain the balance between their sporting, career and/or educational aspirations. The ACE program helps athletes to integrate their career dreams alongside their sporting ambitions and prepares them for a successful life after sport.
The ACE Program provides:
- Personal development training courses and workshops to help athletes develop skills in public speaking and media presentations, job interviews, résumé development, career counselling and time management
- Educational guidance and information on school and university education, TAFE courses, vocational training programs, course selection and alternative study pathways incorporating distance education and flexible delivery
- Ongoing transitional support to guide athletes through all transition phases including deselection, retirement, injury, rehabilitation and relocation
Athletes meet the ACE staff:
- In individual one-to-one sessions
- As part of the Northern Territory Institute of Sport (NTIS) ACE workshop program
- In sessions organised through the individual sporting programs
- On location at training sessions, camps and competitions
All NTIS athletes are offered the opportunity to undertake an ACE exit screening on completion of their scholarship to assist in a successful transition from the NTIS.
All athletes have access to ACEonline which has been developed to assist athletes manage their career, education and personal development needs. The resources available will assist athletes in achieving a balanced and integrated approach to sporting excellence through a process of self exploration, informed decision making, short and long term planning.
Further information can be obtained by downloading the ACE Brochure 2183Kb.
For athletes who wish to make an appointment contact the ACE Coordinator on (08) 8922 6851.