Palmerston Water Park
The Palmerston Water Parks are the place to be this holiday season. The Parks are operating a range of fun programs for the family and all visitors to the Top End should take advantage of these fabulous facilities. Please ensure you prepare well for your visits with sun cream, hats and water. All parents and guardians should always note the children supervision policies.
Palmerston Water Park offers a fun way for the whole family to cool off. The Park houses a:
- 14 metre high, 100 metre long, six-lane racer water slide;
- wet play area for families and toddlers which includes sprays, water curtains and a shallow wading pool;
- wet play area for teenagers which includes water cannons and buckets;
- café; and
- barbecue and shaded areas.
|General Park Area
(inc. BBQ's, Toilets & Grassed area)
|Wet Play Areas||Water Slides|
|School Days||School/Public Holidays||School Days||School/Public Holidays|
|Monday||9am to 8pm||10am to 6pm||10am to 6pm||2pm to 6pm||11am to 6pm|
|Tuesday||9am to 8pm||10am to 6pm||10am to 6pm||2pm to 6pm||11am to 6pm|
|Wednesday||9am to 8pm||CLOSED||10am to 6pm||CLOSED||11am to 6pm|
|Thursday||9am to 8pm||CLOSED||10am to 6pm||CLOSED||11am to 6pm|
|Friday||9am to 8pm||10am to 6pm||10am to 6pm||2pm to 6pm||11am to 6pm|
|Saturday||9am to 8pm||10am to 6pm||10am to 6pm||11am to 6pm||11am to 6pm|
|Sunday||9am to 8pm||10am to 6pm||10am to 6pm||11am to 6pm||11am to 6pm|
Please note CLOSED most public holidays, except:
Australia Day - Open
Easter Saturday - Open
Easter Monday - Open
ANZAC Day - Open, after 1pm
Keep Watch @ Public Pool Policy
- Children (under 10 years) are not allowed entry unless under active supervision of a person 16 years or older.
- Parents and guardians should actively supervise their children at all times and be dressed ready to enter a pool. For 0–5 year olds and non-swimmers, a parent or guardian needs to be in the water at all times and within arms' reach of the child. It is best if you are engaging with your child i.e. playing with them, talking to them.
- Constant active supervision is required for children aged 6–10 years old. Parents and carers must be prepared to enter the water with this age group.
- For 11–14 year olds it is recommended that parents regularly check on their child by physically going to where they are in or around the water.
What is active supervision @ Public Pools?
Active supervision at public pools consists of four key elements:
1. Be Prepared: Ensure you have everything you need before getting into the water, such as towels and dry clothes.
2. Be Close: Always be within arms' reach of your child.
3. All of Your Attention: Focus all of your attention on your child and get into the pool and talk and play with them.
4. All of the Time: You should never leave your child alone in the water, nor should they be left in the care of an older child or with the assumption that your responsibility diminishes due to the presence of lifeguards.
How to get here
Entrance to the Park is off Roystonia Avenue.
Palmerston Water Park is managed by YMCA on behalf of the Northern Territory Government. For all enquiries phone 8931 4685 or visit the YMCA Top End website.